It seems like no matter what we do in 2020 we can't help but avoid pitfalls. Lots of terrible things have happened all year long. It's so intense that even news editorials and blog articles have been written all about it.
There are actually many ideas as to why, but let's just say that 2020 has come in like a wrecking ball and I don't think I'm alone here when I say that I'm personally pretty excited and hyped for 2021. Anyone else? Yeah? I knew you'd agree...
If you want a regular top 10 list you won't find it here! It's more like a top Lots List that will hopefully inspire and soothe the soul. Kind of like, "affirmations meets human decency," or something along those lines. These are the top ten cool mental thoughts / life hacks for 2020 I've compiled that are pretty darn empowering. Actually, these are life hacks for anyone at any stage in their life. I hope you'll enjoy!
Remember these and you'll help yourself relax... and live your best life.
- Never settle for less just because it's convenient.
- If an activity brings out the best in you, do it often.
- If someone brings out the best in you, do them often too!
- Always clean up after yourself, you'll feel better.
- It's perfectly okay to develop an allergy to toxic people and the antidote is distance.
- It's best to remain silent and possibly be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
- Remember, all energy has an ebb & flow so find your inner peace because when you do, your balance will come.
- Double check before you go: keys, attitude, mood.
- The Golden Rule is a golden virtue yet it costs you nothing to treat someone with respect.
- The accomplishments of others are NOT your losses.
- Saying NO to something does not make you a bad person.
- There is nothing tackier than gossip or rudeness but having empathy and being humble are always in fashion.
- Collusion against others is not for grown adults, it's for schoolyard bullies and street gangs.
- Always be open to the fact that there's always more to learn or understand about a person, subject or situation.
- Take a little time each day to refresh & relax yourself.
- Remember, life is just a series of moments all lined up together. Make the most of yours!
- Masks can apparently be fashionable in and outside of the ER.
- Soaking up the sunshine makes you burn but BEING someone's sunshine makes you glow.
- Don't form a judgement about someone else because there's still a chance that you don't have the full story.
- “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” - Albert Einstein