Receiving Your Reiki
As you likely already know from reading our Read Me 1 & 2 Pages; the Read Me 1 Instructions For Your Upcoming Session Page and our Read Me 2 Preparation For Your Session Page, that Reiki is sent (free of charge) to those who request it. Here is a quick and easy guide on how to receive your Reiki and use it for your highest good along with a brief background on the subject of Reiki.
What Is Reiki?
Reiki is the technique through which energy is sent and / or received for the purposes of stress reduction, relaxation and healing which dates back more than 2,000 years. The Japanese word Reiki can be translated to Universal Life Force Energy. There are many variations of Reiki as a practice with Usui Reiki being the foundation, as well as many sub-categories and "off-shoot" variations of the original Usui Reiki. There are three different levels called attunements in Usui Reiki as well as within said various sub-categories. While Usui Reiki is the foundational principal of Reiki, the sub-categories range from Kundalini Reiki to Chakra Reiki and the list goes on. The Violet Flame resides within every living thing including all human beings and it's my pleasure to send you Reiki as a gift following our session together.
What Is The Origin Of Reiki?
Reiki as the practice of energy work such as we know it today originates with The Usui System of Reiki Healing which was created by Dr. Mikao Usui. Usui Shiki Ryoho which is the Usui System Of Natural Healing, is the Japanese Healing Art that was created by Dr. Usui. When a person decides to embark on the journey of learning about Reiki as a practice, it is the Usui Method which one typically learns and becomes attuned in first as it is the foundation of Reiki itself.
Dr. Usui was a Christian monk during the late 1800's and was a member of a Japanese spiritual organization in the early 1900's. Some understand that Reiki came to him while he was serving penance on Mt. Kurama, while others believe that he discovered the technique from reading the ancient Tibetan texts. Regardless of how he actually discovered Reiki in the practice that we still use it today, Dr. Usui practiced the technique on himself before he began teaching it to others in Tokyo.
How Does Reiki Work, Exactly?
Reiki Energy Practice transcends time and space. There are two types of Reiki that can be delivered and received, regardless of the type or sub-category of the Reiki. There are in-person sessions which are often referred to as "palm healing," or in other words, the laying on of the hands (palms) by the Reiki practitioner for the recipient. And, there is Distance Reiki which is when the Reiki practitioner sends Reiki Energy directly to the recipient, often focusing on specific situations or energy centers (chakra.)
Reiki is based on one’s qi, or life force energy, and the energy centers in the body which are called chakra. When qi flows freely through each of these seven main centers, a person is said to have ideal spiritual, mental and physical health. When the movement of one’s qi is hindered, then their physical, mental or spiritual health is diminished. During an in-person session, the Reiki practitioner helps balance the qi of the recipient by laying his or her hands on or near the recipient's physical body in key positions, very similarly to Polarity Therapy. Sometimes during session, an energy blockage may be revealed. The practitioner is able to clear away any blockages so that the patient’s qi is able to flow freely again by acting as a vessel for the rei to the patient. Rei is the Japanese term that is translated to mean, "The Universal Energy" or "The Wisdom Of God."
What Is Distance Reiki?
Traditionally, Reiki uses the practice of "laying on of the hands," by practitioner to the recipient for the manipulation of Qi and energies. Since Usui Reiki can transcend time and space, Distance Reiki can be sent to a recipient by the practitioner and yield the same results as an in-person session through the "laying on of hands." Distance Reiki has become popular as a result of Reiki and Energy Work growing in popularity in recent years, for the recipient may receive the benefit without having to leave the comfort of their home.
Another popular aspect of Distance Reiki is to send Reiki Healing or Energies for a specific situation in the recipient's past. For example, if the recipient experienced a difficult situation on a certain date that has past, they might request that their practitioner send Reiki to them regarding that specific situation for a time prior to the time and date in question, thus assisting in the healing process and relieving stress related to and associated with said difficulty. It is Distance Reiki that I send to my clients post-session, should you request it.
Why Do You Send Reiki For Free?
Yes, I already understand that there are people who charge a good deal of money for Reiki services. I am a Level III Reiki Master/Instructor and of course my foundation in Reiki is in the Usui Reiki although I am versed in other variations of the practice. I do not sell Reiki sessions nor do I offer Reiki instruction. Rather, I choose to offer Reiki as a gift because the Violet Flame exists within all living creatures - including you - and I feel that receiving Reiki can enhance one's Spiritual Journey and process of Ascension by assisting in relieving stress, balancing one's Qi and assisting one in their processes of inner growth, soul and spiritual evolution, personal development and healing process.
HOW TO RECEIVE YOUR REIKI:
It is actually very simple. All you will need to do is give me your permission to send Reiki to you, let me know if you have a specific area you're interested in focusing on and sit comfortably to receive it.
**If you do not wish to receive Reiki, this is no problem and I won't be insulted in the least. If you wish not to receive it, simply don't mention it! No worries.
Basic Tips On Receiving Your Reiki:
1. Permission & Direction: First, while we have already connected during our time together during your session, I'll need your express permission to send you Reiki. This means that in order to receive it, I must receive the "okay" so to speak directly from you. Since Reiki goes where it needs to for your Highest Good, you aren't required to tell me specifically "where" or "why" you'd like to receive it. You are welcome though, to let me know if there's a specific aspect or situation on which you'd like to most focus. You can change your Reiki focus at your own will. You may incorporate the art of Manifestation with your Reiki and write down what you desire to focus on and place it near where you sit to receive.
2. Timing & Duration: You're welcome to sit to receive your Reiki any time of day or night post-session. While I typically send between 7:30-8:30 PM, EST our time, your Reiki can actually be received at anytime as Reiki transcends time. If you forget to sit to receive it one day, this is not going to harm you. Most people sit to receive it for about 15 to 60 minutes each day (or night) at the time that best suits them. The minimum time recommended to sit to receive your Reiki is 15 minutes for at least 4 days in duration but you're welcome to sit for longer or for longer duration than 4 days, should you so choose.
3. Atmosphere: A quiet, relaxing atmosphere absent from excessive background noise or distractions is highly recommended. Some enjoy listening to relaxing music (I recommend any type of Bliss Coded Sound or relaxing music that you enjoy) and some enjoy lighting a warm, scented candle. Remember, this is your time, so enjoy it as a relaxing, healing experience. Sitting or laying down in a quiet, comfortable space where you feel safe and secure wearing non-restrictive clothing to ensure your comfort is best. Many like to draw the Reiki Power Symbols and place them near or even on the wall above where they receive. It is highly recommended to draw or print the Hon sha ze sho nen to have near you while you receive, as this is the Reiki Power Symbol used in Distance Reiki. I recommend using exclusively the first three Reiki Power Symbols I have listed here, should you choose to use them.
Reiki Power Symbols:
Cho ku rei - used to increase or decrease power (depending on the direction in which it is drawn). Its intention is the light switch, representing its ability to illuminate or enlighten spiritually. It may be used as a catalyst for physical healing, cleansing, or purification. It may also be used to focus one's attention.
Sei hei ki - symbolizes harmony. Its intention is purification, and it is used for mental and emotional healing. May be used with intention during treatments for addiction or depression in order to restore the body's spiritual equilibrium. It may also be used to help people recover from past physical or emotional trauma or to unblock creative energies.
Hon sha ze sho nen - used when sending qi across long distances. Its intention is timelessness, and it is sometimes called pagoda for the tower-like appearance of the characters when written out. In treatments, the intention is used to bring people together across space and time. This symbol can also transform itself into a key that will unlock the Akashic records, which some practitioners believe to be a source of all human consciousness.
Dai ko myo - the master symbol, represents all that Reiki encompasses. It's intention is enlightenment. The symbol is used by Reiki masters only when attuning initiates. It is the symbol that heals the healers by combining the power of the harmony, power, and distance symbols.
Raku - used during the final stage of the Reiki attunement process. Its intention is grounding. Practitioners use this symbol as the Reiki treatment is drawing to a close, settling the body and sealing the awakened Qi within.
4. Open Yourself To Receive Your Reiki: Getting in the mindset of "this is my time" and opening yourself to receive your Reiki is important. Don't worry if you happen to find this a little difficult to do in the beginning. Some people like to visualize the loving, protective white light flowing and encompassing them. Some enjoy visualizing that white light entering through the feet and exiting through the Crown Chakra (at the top of the head) while simultaneously, the healing green light encompasses them entering through the Crown Chakra and exiting through the feet or through the Root Chakra (at the base of the spine.) Some like to focus on the Violet Flame (a vivid, intense healing flame) emerging within their Chakra Centers, traveling throughout their physical and spiritual bodies and encompassing them in it's warm, healing light.
Remember, each Reiki experience will be unique. While some will feel an intense energy coursing and vibrating through them from day one, others might not feel anything physically until later on, or at all. Your results will be completely dependent upon you; your spiritual and energetic body and state. Relax, open and enjoy. Don't pressure yourself to "feel different" after your first time as pressure can take away from your experience of relaxation. You may notice your result come immediately, or improvement over a period of time. Anything is possible with Reiki so it's normal to "expect the unexpected" in a good way, of course!
**If you fall asleep this is perfectly okay and does not hinder your experience, and very normal as receiving Reiki can be quite relaxing.
5. What Reiki Is Not: Reiki is not intended to be used for negativity. Reiki does not and is not intended to be used to treat or cure medical or psychiatric conditions. If you feel any "interesting new feelings" following receiving your Reiki, it may or may not be associated with your Reiki. Please do not ignore true medical conditions or write them off as "symptoms of having received Reiki." Please note that Reiki should not make you feel badly or negative or sick in any way at all.
Please read the full disclaimer below regarding Reiki.
IMPORTANT TO PLEASE NOTE: Reiki and the services offered through this website are offered at the client's sole discretion in good faith. Reiki is given as a free gift after session and is not intended to replace or be a substitute for, licensed medical care. Reiki is not intended to heal, treat or cure any medical or mental health condition or disease. Please do not use Reiki in place of traditional medicine or psychiatric care. Please do not use Reiki or the services offered through this website in place of, or as a substitute for, the advice and assistance of licensed medical professionals. If you feel you're having a medical or a mental health emergency please either contact your medical doctor or mental health professional, or go to your nearest hospital emergency room facility or dial 911 or 999 for immediate emergency assistance.
Now That You Know What Reiki Is... How will you use your Reiki that you receive for the positive? What area(s) are you most interested on focusing? Do you plan to study Reiki yourself and become attuned? The Violet Flame exists within us all, and you also have the ability to study, learn and use Reiki yourself! There are also many lessons and tutorials available on the subject of Reiki you can enjoy which do not cost anything. If you are interested in learning Reiki then I highly recommend doing so, should you feel called to do so. Reiki can be sent to humans but can also be sent for the benefit of any living thing as well including pets. Yes, suffice it to say that Reiki can be quite enjoyable which is why I enjoy giving it to others.